Special Hazard Fire Suppression
You know as the owner or manager of an industrial business that having an effective fire suppression system is crucial. Fire Systems of Michigan is your single source for comprehensive suppression systems utilizing dry or wet chemical suppression agents. We employ factory trained certified fire suppression installers and an experienced team to perform periodic inspections and testing to meet code and/or insurance requirements.
Our life safety and service teams are experts at developing real-time solutions to meet your needs. You’ve come to the right company if you’re in need of industrial fire suppression services throughout Southeast Michigan.
Special Hazard Fire Suppression Installation
Our expert technicians are experienced in evaluating your business needs based upon your unique operation and will develop a custom plan of action. Our goal is to reduce loss and risk with safety for occupants first and foremost.
The fire suppression systems and methods we utilize for design and installation services meet the requirements set forth by the National Fire Protection Association, American National Standards Institute, and Underwriters Laboratory.
Fire Systems of Michigan can fulfill your requirements whether you operate a data center, cannabis extraction booth, paint booth or need other fire suppression solutions.
What Types of Businesses Need Special Hazard Fire Protection?
Businesses that would benefit from or require a special hazard suppression system include:
- Data and IT centers
- Computer server rooms
- Aircraft hangers
- Hazardous material storage areas
- Chemical and power plants
Industries We Serve for Special Hazard Fire Suppression
We provide fire suppression installation services throughout Southeast Michigan for a broad range of clients, including:
- Manufacturing facilities
- Collision Shops
- Chemical plants
- Laboratories and development labs
- Medical facilities
- Power plants
- Paper mills
- Oil and gas plants
- Fuel storage facilities
- Storage facilities
Special Hazard Fire Suppression Inspections
It is important to schedule the required periodic inspection and maintenance service after your fire suppression equipment is operational. Properly maintained equipment will keep your facility compliant with state, local, and insurance requirements. Well-maintained equipment will provide the level of life safety and protection which you can depend on.
Fire Systems of Michigan can provide routine semiannual, annual, or customized inspection services based upon the requirements of your facility. Our inspection typically includes:
- Visual inspection of conduit and location of all system discharge nozzles.
- Inspection of link line and position of detectors.
- Inspect the automatic actuation of the fire system by cutting a terminal test link.
- Test the remote pull station.
- Verify exhaust fan shuts off when the system is activated.
- Replace fusible links and center link housings.
- Verify gauge on pressurized tanks.
- Examine hydro test dates on all cylinders.
- Verify regulator test dates.
- Replace system cartridges when required by manufacturer. (For an additional charge)
- Check Nozzles to insure they are not clogged – clean if necessary. Replace nozzle caps.
- Test all electrical interlocks (Electric shut-offs and fan interlock requirements vary by the local authority having jurisdiction)
- Inspect the piping and copper tubing for tightness – where applicable.
- Inspect the system for any deficiencies.
Inspecting the complete system piping and blowing pressured gas throughout the piping is not part of a standard inspection. NFPA recommends this one time per year.
Contact Fire Systems of Michigan for Special Hazard Fire Suppression
When you connect with Fire Systems of Michigan, you are choosing to partner with a leading team of experienced, dedicated and proficient people who understand the unique needs of each of our clients and facilities. We are your one-stop shop for complete fire safety services and equipment throughout Southeast Michigan.