Fire Extinguisher Installation
Fire extinguishers are a fast and effective first-response solution to fires. Correctly positioned and maintained, these simple devices can often stop a fire before it has a chance to spread. At Fire Systems of Michigan, our fire prevention and protection specialists can help ensure your business is protected and code compliant.
Fire Extinguisher Installation Options
Many NFPA, building, and local codes and regulations stipulate where and how to install fire extinguishers in your building. At Fire Systems of Michigan, we can help you navigate these requirements and ensure your systems are code compliant.
Fire extinguishers can be installed using a wide variety of methods. These include:
- Fire extinguisher brackets: These are mounted to the wall and position the canister in a visible, accessible location.
- Fire extinguisher cabinets: These cabinets house the canister behind breakable glass doors that protect the canister from tampering.
- Portable fire extinguisher stands: Stands make it easy to reposition the canister as the needs of the facility change and evolve.
Types of Fire Extinguishers
A fire extinguisher is a tool you hope you never have to use. But, if you do, it’s important that you have the right one for the type of fire you’re fighting.
At Fire Systems of Michigan, we offer these types of fire extinguishers for our clients in Detroit and surrounding areas:
- Class A: Suitable for extinguishing fires fueled by wood, cloth/fabric, paper, plastic, etc.
- Class B: Suitable for extinguishing fires fueled by flammable liquids.
- Class C: Ideal for electrical fires caused by wiring malfunctions, overheated electronics, or malfunctioning appliances.
- Class ABC: Multipurpose extinguisher for all Class A, B, and C fires.
- Class D: Suitable for extinguishing fires fueled by flammable metals, including sodium, magnesium, titanium, etc.
- Class K: Designed for kitchen fires fueled by grease, cooking oil, etc.
Choose Fire Systems of Michigan
For over 40 years, our teams have helped keep businesses in Michigan safe and secure. Our goal is to stop the spread of fire before injuries, fatalities, or severe property damage occur. Your safety is always our top priority, and you can rest assured that we’ll always provide sound advice and reliable solutions for your needs.
Whether you manage a hotel, run a restaurant, or operate a school, we have the skills and expertise to keep your facility safe.
Contact Fire Systems of Michigan at 313-255-0053 today to speak with our fire prevention and protection specialists.
We’re happy to answer your questions and help you determine the most effective methods for keeping your personnel and business safe from fire hazards.