Fire Alarm Systems
Having functioning fire alarms in your commercial building is paramount to ensuring your occupants’ safety when an emergency takes place. Failure to keep your building’s fire alarm system maintained may result in fines for code violations and unnecessary endangerment to the public. Make sure your fire alarm system’s needs are taken care of by hiring a professional fire protection company near you.
When your fire alarm needs inspection or repair, Fire Systems of Michigan is there for the job. Conveniently serving Southeast Michigan, our knowledgeable team has the skills and expertise necessary to ensure your building’s life safety requirements are met.
Contact our team to set up your fire alarm inspection and repair services today.
Fire Alarm Inspections
Our team performs detailed annual fire alarm inspections, communicating with the monitoring company to make sure your systems are transmitting alerts to the appropriate people. Through our in-depth fire inspection, we’ll check the following:
- Primary and secondary phone lines
- Alarm sound and strobe
- Manual alarm function
- Heat/smoke detector functionality
- HVAC shutoff
Fire Alarm Installation
Fire alarms are one of the best measures of defense against fires. They both alert you of an emergency and allow occupants plenty of time to evacuate. If you need fire alarms installed, call on Fire Systems of Michigan.
Fire Alarm Repairs
When your fire alarm is malfunctioning, you may need a repair. The following four signs are a good indication that your system needs repairing:
- Aging system: Fire alarms are designed to last at least 10 years from their manufacture date. If your system is older, you may need to have it repaired or replaced altogether — especially if it uses ionization technology.
- False alarm: Frequent false alarms when no fire or smoke is present means something is wrong. Have a professional inspect your system to determine whether it can be repaired.
- Frequent beeps: Your system may beep without being touched or tested, indicating that it’s time for repair or replacement.
- Smoky kitchens: If your building’s cooking spaces frequently fill with smoke and cause alarms to sound, you may be wearing out the detector. This needs to be repaired to ensure your occupants are safe at all times.
Our fire alarm repair team can address your system’s problems and determine if they can be repaired or inspected.
Fire Alarm Monitoring
When there is an emergency fire situation at your property, you want to know emergency services are on the way immediately. Having a fire alarm system alerts everyone in the building that there’s an emergency, but it does not contact the fire department.
Throughout Southeast Michigan, Fire Systems of Michigan offers 24/7 monitoring of your fire alarm system. We alert you and the proper emergency service providers of a fire within seconds so it can be taken care of quickly and effectively.
Frequently asked questions we receive about Michigan commercial fire alarm inspections and repairs include:
How do fire alarms work?
There are two basic types of fire alarms: manual and automated. Manual fire alarms have always provided entertainment for high school senior classes. Pull units are positioned throughout a building; you pull the lever to activate the alarm. Automatic fire alarms use audiovisual configurations to alert occupants.
How they work depends on the type of fire alarm system:
How do I know if I need fire alarm repair or a new fire alarm installation?
Signs you need fire alarm repair or replacement include:
- Age (average alarm life span is 10-15 years)
- Your alarm activates itself
- Beeping/chirping noises
- Flashing red light
- Test button is weak/doesn’t work
- Your alarm needs excessive repair in a short timeframe (replacement might be cheaper)
- Suspected circuit problems
- Your current fire alarm system isn’t sufficient for your space
How often should fire alarms be inspected?
Visual checks by maintenance or other employees should be performed every week. Annual inspections by trained, certified, and competent inspection specialists are required to remain code-compliant with fire safety. These inspections are to be completed by trained and certified inspection specialists.
Your Fire Systems of Michigan professionals welcome your questions. We believe when you are knowledgeable, you make better decisions about fire safety equipment and accessories. Contact us to learn more.
Our Fire Protection Service Area
We service fire protection equipment for businesses throughout Southeast Michigan.