Fire Sprinkler Service Technician – Experience Required
Fire Systems of Michigan is currently hiring a full-time experienced Fire Sprinkler Technician for the Fire Sprinkler division.
Fire Systems of Michigan, LLC, is a leader in the industry for providing fire protection services to South East Michigan area for over 40 years. Fire Systems of Michigan is based in Novi, MI and has an excellent team of 30+ employees that are responsible for the installation and inspection of fire alarms, sprinkler systems, kitchen fire suppression systems, and fire extinguishers. Fire Systems of Michigan has an extensive customer base with over 5,000 fire systems that we perform recurring inspection and repair services throughout the region. The company is continually growing through its internal sales and marketing activities, strong reputation and business acquisitions.
Perform service work and repairs of Wet, Dry, Pre-Action and Deluge Sprinkler systems in accordance with NFPA and local Authority Having Jurisdiction. Technician will need a deep understanding of wet and dry sprinkler systems, and what is needed to properly service and perform large repairs to these types of systems. Technicians need to be technology savvy because all repairs and inspections are to be input into the company’s Service Trade application, with appropriate comments, information, pictures, videos, and other descriptions to properly explain the work performed. Technician may be asked to perform inspections occasionally. During inspections, technicians will be expected to accurately discern and document deficiencies, the materials and labor required to complete the repairs of the deficiencies. Knowledge of fire pumps, backflows and standpipes is a plus.
Salary – per hour based on experience
• Cutting and threading pipe
• Reading and understanding blue prints
• Bypassing and resetting fire alarm panels
• 5-year in internal valve and pipe obstruction investigations
• Exercise and test control valves and flow/tamper switches
• Flushing debris from various types of systems
• Isolate and drain fire sprinkler systems
• Installation, service, and removal of sprinkler heads, valves, and fittings
• Assess coverage and signage of building fire protection systems
• Inspecting and repairing wet, dry, pre-action and deluge sprinkler systems
• Two years field experience as a sprinkler fitter, inspector or trainee preferred
• Functional knowledge of wet and dry sprinkler systems
• Knowledge of fire pumps, backflows and standpipes is a plus
• Self-reliant individual with ability to work in a team environment
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
• Ability to exercise judgement and make decisions according to company values
• Handle material and tools up to 75 lbs.
• Work varied hours including on call.
• Honest and trustworthy – ability to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
• Customer service focused
• Must be 21+ years of age, with valid driver’s license & clean driving record
• High school diploma or equivalent certification
• Ability to perform work overhead, confined areas, from ladders, scaffolding and lifts
• NICET level II in inspection & testing of water-based systems or licensed by the State of Michigan is a plus
• 401k with company match
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Quarterly Bonuses
• Personal and Vacation Pay
• Company paid: Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Life and AD&D Insurance
• Paid Holidays
Click the button below and download the PDF. Once the PDF is completed, save it. Upload the PDF along with a resume and cover letter (optional) and submit the form or email to [email protected].
The Fire Pros team would love to hear from you.