Fire Sprinkler Service Technician
Perform service work and repairs of Wet, Dry, Pre-Action and Deluge Sprinkler systems in accordance with NFPA and local Authority Having Jurisdiction. Technician will need a deep understanding of wet and dry sprinkler systems, and what is needed to properly service and perform large repairs to these types of systems. Technicians need to be technology savvy because all repairs and inspections are to be input into the company’s Service Trade application, with appropriate comments, information, pictures, videos, and other descriptions to properly explain the work performed. Technician may be asked to perform inspections occasionally. During inspections, technicians will be expected to accurately discern and document deficiencies, the materials and labor required to complete the repairs of the deficiencies. Knowledge of fire pumps, backflows and standpipes is a plus.
Attention to detail with the ability to communicate with employees, employers, customers, and Authorities Having Jurisdiction both verbally and in writing. Travel throughout Michigan is required. Some overnights are required, as well as a driving record that meets or exceeds company standards as technicians will be provided with a company vans, and equipment. 40 plus hours a week will be required, as well as being available for weeklong on-call rotations after an introductory time has been completed. Technicians will be required to lift 70 pounds to perform this job function.
• Cutting and threading pipe
• Reading and understanding blue prints
• Bypassing and resetting fire alarm panels
• 5-year in internal valve and pipe obstruction investigations
• Exercise and test control valves and flow/tamper switches
• Isolate and drain fire sprinkler systems
• Flushing debris from various types of systems
• Installation, service, and removal of sprinkler heads, valves, and fittings
• Assess coverage and signage of building fire protection systems
• Inspecting and repairing wet, dry, pre-action and deluge sprinkler systems
• Self-reliant individual with ability to work in a team environment
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
• Ability to exercise judgement and make decisions according to company values
• Handle material and tools up to 70 lbs
• Ability to perform work from ladders, scaffolding and lifts
• Honest and trustworthy – ability to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
• Customer service focused
• Must be 21+ years of age
• High school diploma or equivalent certification
• Valid driver’s license & clean driving record
• Two years field experience as a sprinkler fitter, inspector or trainee preferred
• Functional knowledge of wet and dry sprinkler systems
• Knowledge of fire pumps, backflows and standpipes is a plus
• NICET level II in inspection & testing of water-based systems or must be licensed by the State of Michigan is a plus
• Novi, MI and surrounding area
*Fire Systems of Michigan LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation**, driving record validation** and Pre-employment drug screening** required. No phone calls please.
Click the button below and download the PDF. Once the PDF is completed, save it. Upload the PDF along with a resume and cover letter (optional) and submit the form or email to [email protected].
The Fire Pros team would love to hear from you.