Kitchen Fire Suppression Technician – Paid Training Provided
Fire Systems of Michigan LLC is looking for hard working and hands-on individuals that want to learn a new trade in the fire protection industry. The fire protection industry is always in high demand and can be a long-term career that can have the potential opportunity to provide income in excess of $60,000+ per year in salary and potential bonuses with training, certification and years of quality hard work.
This is a great opportunity to join our team and earn while you learn to become a licensed, certified Kitchen Fire Suppression Technician. This position will be trained on how to inspect, repair and possibly install fire suppression systems in restaurants.
- Potential quarterly bonuses
- Paid 3 hours at time and half rate for emergency service calls.
- Paid 3 hours at double time rate for emergency services calls on recognized holidays, in addition to 8 hours of holiday pay at the regular rate.
- Inspecting and repairing pre-engineered restaurant fire suppression systems manufactured by ANSUL, Pyro Chem, RangeGuard, Kidde and Piranha.
- Thorough understanding of NFPA, manufacturer and local fire codes for restaurant fire suppression systems.
- Performing on-site emergency troubleshooting of fire suppression systems.
- Identifying NFPA code and non-conformance issues.
- Maintain proper documentation for all work performed.
- **Must have work history and experience with hand tools such as pipe wrenches, channel locks, drills, etc**
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with 3 or less points.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends for emergency services.
- Must be willing to learn and study about the different kitchen fire systems, fire extinguishers and other fire equipment in order to pass tests and get certified.
- Must take initiative, pursue opportunities, and tackle goals.
- Must have an excellent attendance and can handle responsibility.
- Must be able to communicate well with customers and explain the work being done and any repairs that are necessary.
- Must be able to write well and be very detailed in your write up on service work.
- Must be well organized and be able to keep track of service tickets and process all required documents for each service performed.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs. and work overhead.
- Potential Quarterly Bonuses
- 401k with a company match
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Company paid Short Term Disability and Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Vacation and Personal time
- Paid holidays
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation, driving record validation and Pre-employment drug screening. No phone calls please.
*Fire Systems of Michigan, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation**, driving record validation** and Pre-employment drug screening** required. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
The Fire Systems of Michigan team would love to hear from you. Apply by filling out the form below.