Kitchen Fire Suppression Technician – Paid Training Provided
Fire Systems of Michigan LLC is looking for hard working and hands-on individuals that want to learn a new trade in the fire protection industry. The fire protection industry is always in high demand and can be a long-term career that can have the potential opportunity to provide income in excess of $60,000+ per year in salary and potential bonuses with training, certification and years of quality hard work.
This is a great opportunity to join our team and earn while you learn to become a licensed, certified Kitchen Fire Suppression Technician. This position will be trained on how to inspect, repair and possibly install fire suppression systems in restaurants.
- Potential quarterly bonuses
- Paid 3 hours at time and half rate for emergency service calls.
- Paid 3 hours at double time rate for emergency services calls on recognized holidays, in addition to 8 hours of holiday pay at the regular rate.
- Inspecting and repairing pre-engineered restaurant fire suppression systems manufactured by ANSUL, Pyro Chem, RangeGuard, Kidde and Piranha.
- Thorough understanding of NFPA, manufacturer and local fire codes for restaurant fire suppression systems.
- Performing on-site emergency troubleshooting of fire suppression systems.
- Identifying NFPA code and non-conformance issues.
- Maintain proper documentation for all work performed.
- **Must have work history and experience with hand tools such as pipe wrenches, channel locks, drills, etc**
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with 3 or less points.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends for emergency services.
- Must be willing to learn and study about the different kitchen fire systems, fire extinguishers and other fire equipment in order to pass tests and get certified.
- Must take initiative, pursue opportunities, and tackle goals.
- Must have an excellent attendance and can handle responsibility.
- Must be able to communicate well with customers and explain the work being done and any repairs that are necessary.
- Must be able to write well and be very detailed in your write up on service work.
- Must be well organized and be able to keep track of service tickets and process all required documents for each service performed.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs. and work overhead.
- Potential Quarterly Bonuses
- 401k with a company match
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Company paid Short Term Disability and Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Vacation and Personal time
- Paid holidays
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation, driving record validation and Pre-employment drug screening. No phone calls please.
Fire Systems of Michigan is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
The Fire Systems of Michigan team would love to hear from you. Apply by filling out the form below.