Kitchen Fire Suppression Apprentice
Fire Systems of Michigan is currently hiring a full-time Apprentice for the Kitchen Suppression System division. This is a great opportunity to learn a growing and in demand trade. Fire Systems of Michigan will train you to become a licensed, certified Kitchen Suppression Technician.
Fire Systems of Michigan, LLC, is a leader in the industry for providing fire protection services to South East Michigan area for over 40 years. Fire Systems of Michigan is based in Novi, MI and has an excellent team of 30+ employees that are responsible for the installation and inspection of fire alarms, sprinkler systems, kitchen fire suppression systems, and fire extinguishers. Fire Systems of Michigan has an extensive customer base with over 5,000 fire systems that we perform recurring inspection and repair services throughout the region. The company is continually growing through its internal sales and marketing activities, strong reputation and business acquisitions.
Assist kitchen suppression technician on performing service work and repairs of Kitchen Fire Suppression systems in accordance with NFPA and local Authority Having Jurisdiction. Technician will need the ability to learn and understand multiple kitchen suppression systems, and what is needed to properly inspect, service, and repairs to these types of systems. Technicians need to be technology savvy because all repairs and inspections are to be input into the company’s Service Trade application, with appropriate comments, information, pictures, videos, and other descriptions to properly explain the work performed. During inspections and repairs, technicians will be expected to accurately discern and document deficiencies, the materials and labor required to complete the repairs of the deficiencies.
This is a great opportunity to join our team and earn while you learn to become a licensed, certified Kitchen Fire Suppression Technician. This position will be trained on how to inspect, repair and possibly install fire suppression systems in restaurants.
Salary – per hour based on experience
• Fully paid apprenticeship program, all time worked will be paid.
• Assist in inspecting and repairing pre-engineered restaurant fire suppression systems manufactured by ANSUL, Pyro Chem, RangeGuard, Kidde and Piranha.
• Understanding of NFPA, manufacturer and local fire codes for restaurant fire suppression systems.
• Performing on-site emergency troubleshooting of fire suppression systems.
• Identifying NFPA code and non-conformance issues.
• Maintain proper documentation for all work performed.
• Work history and experience with hand tools such as pipe wrenches, channel locks, drills, etc**
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Must be 21+ years of age, with valid driver’s license & clean driving record Able to work occasional nights.
• Willing to learn and study about the different kitchen fire systems, fire extinguishers and other fire equipment in order to pass tests and get certified.
• Must take initiative, pursue opportunities, and tackle goals.
• Must have an excellent attendance and can handle responsibility.
• Ability to communicate well with customers and explain the work being done and any repairs that are necessary.
• Write well and be very detailed in your write up on service work.
• Must be well organized and be able to keep track of service tickets and process all required documents for each service performed.
• Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. climb/work from ladders, work in confined spaces, and work over head
• 401k with company match
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Quarterly Bonuses
• Personal and Vacation Pay
• Company paid: Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Life and AD&D Insurance
• Paid Holidays
Click the button below and download the PDF. Once the PDF is completed, save it. Upload the PDF along with a resume and cover letter (optional) and submit the form or email to [email protected].
The Fire Pros team would love to hear from you.