Fire Sprinkler Trainee
Fire Systems of Michigan is currently hiring trainees for the Fire Sprinkler division. This is a great opportunity to learn a growing and in demand trade. Fire Systems of Michigan will train you to become a licensed, certified Fire Sprinkler Technician.
Fire Systems of Michigan, LLC, is a leader in the industry for providing fire protection services to South East Michigan area for over 40 years. Fire Systems of Michigan is based in Novi, MI and has an excellent team of 30+ employees that are responsible for the installation and inspection of fire alarms, sprinkler systems, kitchen fire suppression systems, and fire extinguishers. Fire Systems of Michigan has an extensive customer base with over 4,000 fire systems that we perform recurring inspection and repair services throughout the region. The company is continually growing through its internal sales and marketing activities, strong reputation and business acquisitions.
- Fully paid training program, all time worked will be paid.
- Quarterly bonuses.
- Assisting lead technicians with inspecting and repairing sprinkler systems.
- Occasionally assist other departments (fire alarm and kitchen suppression) with inspections and repairs.
- Cutting and threading pipe.
- Documenting work performed in the electronic work management system.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with 3 or less points.
- Must be knowledgeable of hand tools such as pipe wrenches, channel locks, drills, etc.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends for occasional emergency services.
- Must be willing to learn and study about the different fire sprinkler systems in order to pass tests and become certified.
- Must take initiative, pursue opportunities, and tackle goals.
- Must have an excellent attendance and can handle responsibility.
- Must be able to communicate well with customers and explain the work being done and any repairs that are necessary.
- Must be able to write well and be very detailed in your write up on service work.
- Must be well organized and be able to keep track of service tickets and process all required documents for each service performed on company provided tablet.
- Handle material and tools up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to perform work from ladders, scaffolding or lifts.
- Honest and trustworthy–ability to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 401K with a company match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid Short- term disability and life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Vacation and Personal time
- Paid holidays
This is a full-time position.
*Fire Systems of Michigan LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation**, driving record validation** and Pre-employment drug screening** required. No phone calls please.
Click the button below and download the PDF. Once the PDF is completed, save it. Upload the PDF along with a resume and cover letter (optional) and submit the form or email to [email protected].
The Fire Systems of Michigan team would love to hear from you. Apply by filling out the form below.