Fire Sprinkler Apprentice
Fire Systems of Michigan is currently hiring a full-time Apprentice for the Fire Sprinkler division. This is a great opportunity to learn a growing and in demand trade. Fire Systems of Michigan will train you to become a licensed, certified Fire Sprinkler Technician.
Fire Systems of Michigan, LLC, is a leader in the industry for providing fire protection services to South East Michigan area for over 40 years. Fire Systems of Michigan is based in Novi, MI and has an excellent team of 30+ employees that are responsible for the installation and inspection of fire alarms, sprinkler systems, kitchen fire suppression systems, and fire extinguishers. Fire Systems of Michigan has an extensive customer base with over 5,000 fire systems that we perform recurring inspection and repair services throughout the region. The company is continually growing through its internal sales and marketing activities, strong reputation and business acquisitions.
Assist service technician with performing service work and repairs of Wet, Dry, Pre-Action and Deluge Sprinkler systems in accordance with NFPA and local Authority Having Jurisdiction. Apprentice’s need to be technology savvy because all repairs and inspections are to be input into the company’s Service Trade application, along with appropriate comments, information, pictures, videos, and other descriptions to properly explain the work performed. Apprentices may be asked to assist in performing inspections occasionally. During inspections, apprentices will be expected to accurately discern and document deficiencies, the materials and labor required to complete the repairs of the deficiencies.
Salary – per hour based on experience
• Fully paid apprenticeship program, all time worked will be paid.
• Assisting lead technicians with inspecting and repairing sprinkler systems.
• Cutting and threading pipe.
• Documenting work performed in the electronic work management system.
• Occasionally assist other departments (fire alarm and kitchen suppression) with inspections and repairs.
• Must be 21+ years of age with valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Ability to perform work overhead, confined areas, from ladders, scaffolding and lifts
• Knowledgeable of hand tools such as pipe wrenches, channel locks, drills, etc.
• Able to work nights and weekends for occasional emergency services
• High school diploma or equivalent certification
• 401k with company match
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Quarterly Bonuses
• Personal and Vacation Pay
• Company paid: Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Life and AD&D Insurance
• Paid Holidays
Click the button below and download the PDF. Once the PDF is completed, save it. Upload the PDF along with a resume and cover letter (optional) and submit the form or email to [email protected].
The Fire Pros team would love to hear from you.