Fire Alarm Inspector
Qualified candidates for the fire alarm inspector position will perform fire alarm inspections, service and installations on fire alarm and special hazard systems.
- Inspect, service and install commercial fire alarm systems.
- Test devices such as smoke detectors, pull station, heat detectors, horn/strobes and other devices as required.
- Verify fire alarm works and functions properly, test signals into the monitoring station, load test batteries, perform sensitivity of smoke detectors and other functions as required.
- Replace defective components as necessary.
- Communicate with customers on status and deficiencies in a professional manner.
- Accurately complete all sections of Service Trade software.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Have Nicet Level 2 and Michigan Fire Alarm Specialty Tech License.
- Have strong knowledge of inspections and NFPA 72 requirements.
- Detail orientated.
- Must be available to be on call.
- Have a good driving record.
- Be independent.
- Be able to travel with possible overnight stay(s).
- Ability to work well with others on a large inspection.
- Ability to climb ladders and stand for long periods.
* VOM meter with good leads * Pliers * Screwdrivers * Wire Strippers * Channel Locks
- 401K with company match
- Medical, dental, Long-term disability, and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability insurance
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
The Fire Systems of Michigan team would love to hear from you. Apply by filling out the form below.